HEAD START & EARLY HEAD START DATA
Child Care and Development Block Grant Related Data
Key Child Care Licensing Resources
Child Care Subsidy Research & Reports
TANF Funding Used for Child Care
Bureau of Labor Statistics, Working Women
State Pre-Kindergarten Programs
National Assessment of Educational Progress (2022 & 2019 Report Results)
Studies Related to Diversity & Bias
The BUILD Initiative, 2016 QRIS Conference
The BUILD Initiative, 2015 QRIS Conference
The BUILD Initiative, 2014 QRIS Conference
Early Childhood Workforce Data
Joint Tax Committee Estimates
HHS Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE)
State Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Background
The BUILD Initiative, 2017 QRIS Conference
Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant Background
FY2018 Omnibus Appropriations
- P.L. 115-141 was enacted on 3/23/18 to fund government operations through the end of the fiscal year (September 30, 2018). More detail is available here.
- P.L. 115-123 was enacted to continue government operations from 2/8/18 - 3/23/18. P.L. 115-120 was enacted to continue government operations from 1/22/18 – 2/8/18. P.L. 115-96 was enacted to continue government operations from 12/22/17 – 1/19/18. P.L. 115-90 was enacted to continue government operations from 12/8/17 – 12/22/17. P.L. 115-56 was enacted to continue government operations from 9/8/17 – 12/8/17.
- FY2018 Senate Appropriations. The Senate Appropriations Committee has approved its version of the FY2018 Labor, HHS, and Education Appropriations bill. The Senate FY2018 Labor, HHS and Education Appropriations bill summary here is here. The Senate Committee report is here and the bill text is here.
- FY2018 House Appropriations: The House Appropriations Committee has approved its verson of the FY2018 Labor, HHS, and Education Appropriations bill. Learn more here. The House FY2018 Labor, HHS and Education Appropriations bill summary is here. The House Committee report is here and the bill text is here.
- FY2018 Proposed Budget: On May 23, President Trump proposed his FY2018 budget. President Trump's FY2018 proposed budget for HHS is here. His proposed budget for the Administration for Children and Families is here. His FY2018 proposed budget for the Department of Education is here. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) list of tax expenditures is here.
- FY2018 President Trump Proposed Funding for Key Early Learning Programs
- FY2017 Omnibus Appropriations Act (PL115-31) was enacted on May 4, 2017 to fund government programs through the end of the fiscal year (September 30, 2017). A summary of the FY2017 Labor, HHS, and Education section of the measure is here. A more detailed document is contained within Division H, here.
- FY2017 Omnibus Funding Summary for key Early Learning Programs
Mecklenburg County, NC
Early Childhood Expansion Initiative
Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wages
The BUILD Initiative, 2019 QRIS Conference
The BUILD Initiative, 2018 QRIS Conference
FY2019 Omnibus Appropriations
On September 18, 2018 the Senate approved HR 6157, the “minibus” reflecting a combined FY2019 Department of Defense and Labor, HHS, and Education appropriations conference report by a vote of 93-7. The measure also included an extension of funding authority through December 7, 2018 for annual appropriation bills not yet approved. More information can be found here.
FY2020 Omnibus Appropriations
On December 20, 2019, the FY2020 non-defense consolidated appropriations bill (HR 1865, PL116-94) was signed into law containing 8 appropriations bills including the FY2020 Labor, HHS, and Education Appropriations measure and a revenue package. The FY2020 defense and related agencies consolidated appropriations bill (HR 1158, PL116-93) was also signed into law on December 20.
The CARES Act, March 2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, March 27, 2020 (P.L.116-136)
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), March 18, 2020, (P.L.116-127)
Fiscal Year 2020 Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, March 6, 2020, (P.L. 116-123)
Early Childhood Alliance and Child Care Solutions, Onondaga County, NY
Child Care Cost Infographics
Internal Revenue Service Data
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Westchester County, NY
Access to Child Care Care: The Key to Economic Recovery in Westchester County (September 2021)
Nontraditional Hour Child Care
Monthly Comparisons for Selected State Tax Collections
National Center for Education Statistics
Cost Modeling Tools and Reports
American Rescue Plan (P.L. 117-2, March 2021)
Read about the American Rescue Plan here.
Labor Force Participation and Use of Child Care
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Business and Tax Resources
Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
New Mexico Child Care Education Association (NMCCEA)
Guaranteed Income Projects that Support Home-Based Care
National Association of Counties (NACO)
Washington Post, Department of Data Blogs
FY2023 Consolidated Appropriations, FY2022 Consolidated Appropriations, and FY2021 Consolidated Appropriations can be viewed here.
Parent Preference Studies
National Survey of Early Care and Education, 2019
Shared Services Resources